With the development of the 24-7 news cycle, the explosion of social media and the deeply polarized political landscape, it’s necessary now, more than ever, for politicians to project their best selves. They must exhibit gravitas while also exuding a sense of humor and spontaneity. They must share compelling stories, while answering difficult questions with candor and ease. In short, they must be likeable and authentic.
For over 20 years, Peggy has provided hundreds of corporate leaders with the skills to overcome many of the same challenges that confront today’s politicians.
As an acclaimed communication expert, theatrical director and producer, she is uniquely qualified to help candidates who, like their corporate counterparts, have to succeed in a variety of public forums including presentations, debates, political ads, the media and testifying before Congress.
Peggy’s political coaching programs are custom-designed to meet the needs and time constraints of each client. Whether just starting out, or a seasoned official, her insight will enable any candidate to charismatically communicate their story, vision, policies & voting decisions in a way that remains true to who they are and those they represent.
- Coaching may include some or all of the following:
- Assessing your Executive Presence
- Identifying your brand
- Developing your personal narrative (aka Bragologue)
- Setting the stage: knowing your audience & building rapport
- Conveying a positive first impression
- Creating powerful introductions
- Crafting dynamic, entertaining messages that grab hearts and minds
- Being a chameleon communicator: tweaking your messages for different audiences without losing authenticity
- Enhancing your storytelling skills
- Navigating the “narrow band” for diverse candidates
- Re-enforcing points with body language and facial animation
- Managing “communication” anxiety through practice and warm-ups
- Going on the offensive without being offensive
- Creating dramatic, pithy sound bites that stick
- Citing data in a compelling manner
- Staying cool in the hot seat: answering “zingers” with warmth and strength
- Understanding the reporter’s emotional temperature and spotting and avoiding their tricks
- Transitioning seamlessly from off-topic questions to on-message responses
- Sounding conversational with a teleprompter
- Video/audio taping and performance critique
For more information about Peggy’s political coaching programs, please contact Natalie@peggyklaus.com or call 510-548-8828.